Friday, December 7, 2012

What kinds of things do you like to do the same way?

We've been reading books written and illustrated by Kevin Henkes. This week, after reading Chester's Way, I asked the kids to write down what kind of things they like to do the same way, just like how Chester has his own way of doing things...

Here's what the Owls had to say:

Brigid: I don't like wearing shoes with laces.
Jordan: I always bring drawing supplies into the car and draw while we're driving.
Nicole: I like to eat my cookies the same way. I like to eat then brush my teeth. I like to see the paper wrap first and then open my gifts.
Jovito: I would always ask my mom and dad if I could get boba after my tae kwon do. In the morning I would eat my bread with Nutella.
Dante: I like to eat the pepperoni first then eat the pizza.
Ava: I always put milk in my cereal after I put the cereal in.
Ella: For breakfast I always in bacon and eggs. I eat it with the eggs on top of the bacon.
Hayden: When I get home from school, I like to do my reading first.
Katherine: Before I write down my homework, I like to put my papers in first.
Kade: I always sit at the same side of the table. I always watch TV on weekend mornings.
Kayla: I like to brush my teeth the same way. First I put the toothpaste on then second put the water on.
Bruno: I like to put onions on my cheeseburger. I rinse a lot when I brush my teeth. I always put my jersey on before my shells. I wear a hat every time I leave the house. I always have a cup of water next to my bed. (Me too, Bruno!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

about me

My photo
teaching 2nd grade in los angeles

scholastic book clubs